Monday 9 February 2009

What do other species think about orangutans ?

Well it's not all about the orangutans ... although they hog the limelight that fact is they need plenty of forest to survive and so by default if we can ensure a future for orangutans we also ensure a future for numerous other species. Here's a random selection of other species I've photographed and interviewed in Borneo :

" Call your self endangered ? ... You've no idea what you're talking about. I'm bloody endangered. I'm a Storm's Stork ... only 200 breeding pairs of us left ... but where's our blog ? ... Where's our conservation organizations ? ... Nobody cares about us ... those orangutans get all the attention ... "


" Blimey ... sorry the Storm's Stork is in a bad mood ... I'm a Stork Billed Kingfisher and I'm all for orangutan conservation. "


" To be honest I couldn't give a stuff about orangutans ... I just don't fancy them ... They're not even monkeys you know ? "


" Well I'm a Prevost's Squirrel living near plenty of orangutans ... and well I love them ... they make me laugh ... I don't know why ... but ha ha I just chuckle at the very thought of them ... they just don't look as if they belong in the trees."


" I'm all for peace ... I think we all need to just share the forest and well ... orangutan conservation has been good for me."


" I'm all for orangutan conservation too ... the more that are left the more babies they'll be for me to kill ... I know that sounds callous but it's the truth."
"I've no comment to make on the matter and I don't want you to use this photo on your blog."


No comments:

Post a Comment